Important Features You Should Know About Sneeze Guards
Although sneeze guards have been available in different forms before the coronavirus impacted the world, its popularity has exploded since the pandemic took hold. Business owners are continuously on the lookout for quality sneeze guards to help lessen the likelihood of having their employees and customers contract the virus. If you find yourself wondering how to get the best sneeze guard for your company, we’ve compiled some examples of sneeze guard features you should consider during your search.
Sneeze Guard Materials
Many business owners mistakenly believe that sneeze guards are only made from a piece of glass. However, the reality is that quality sneeze guards can be made using different types of materials, including plexiglass, acrylic, and polycarbonate. In many cases, business owners have opted to use the sneeze guard’s polycarbonate version since it’s lightweight and less flammable.
Sneeze Guard Thickness
Another one of the vital sneeze guard features to consider involves the thickness of the piece. Sneeze guards can come in the following type of thicknesses:
- Thin: This option is ideal for smaller spaces such as a desk or a divider for a more extended table.
- Thicker: The thicker sneeze guard is an upgrade from the thin counterpart. You will still be able to move this piece with ease, but an extra quarter-inch of material is added to the guard to make it more durable.
- Thick: A thick sneeze guard is an excellent choice if you are looking to install one long-term. It still provides you with all of the protection you need from germs while being resistant to cracking.
- Extra thick: This choice is designed explicitly with the premise of implementing serious COVID-19 precautions. An extra thick sneeze guard is not the best choice for an office environment but is better suited for a company that needs to remain open during the pandemic and may be more susceptible to possible virus contamination.
Features, Benefits, and Options
Without question, a sneeze guard’s maximum benefit is the added protection that it offers between your employees and customers. Additionally, you can design your sneeze guard in almost any way to suit your business’s needs. For example, you can install a sneeze guard with a pass-through window to make different transactions easier. Do you need something specific for a desk? No problem. A desktop design is small enough for a table without taking away from too much space on the surface.
Other examples of sneeze guard variations include:
- Full-body panels
- Wrap-around designs
- Small sizes for individual use
- Easy-attach capabilities
- Guards with aluminum or metal frames
AAFM Can Help to Install Sneeze Guards in Your Business
Whether you need help regarding getting the best sneeze guard or having questions about the various sneeze guard features, the AAFM team is here to assist. We are happy to take the time to explain in greater detail your options to ensure that you make the right decision for your company. Reach out to us today at (855) 347-1613 to learn more about our sneeze guard installation services and for a free quote.